Thursday, March 4, 2010

Syracuse is #1!


Last weekend, we all went up to Syracuse for the Syracuse/Villanova game. Last year, Matt, my dad, my brother and my brother-in-law went to the game at Villanova. This year, they decided to go see them play at the Carrier Dome. Mike had never been to the dome and it's Matt's alma mater, so everyone was excited to go. All of the girls, my sister, my future sister-in-law, my pseudo-sister, and me decided that we wanted to go too. So, my mom, being the amazing mother and grandmother that she is, volunteered to stay behind at the hotel and watch Ava.

Ava showing her support

Our hotel room photo shoot
After a rough lunch at the infamous Dinosaur BBQ, Matt went to hang out with his friends, while my family and I went back to the hotel to relax and play Catch Phrase. (I won 2 out of 3 games.) We went to go meet up with Matt, only to find a line outside of the bar that he was at. Lisa and I waited in line, while everyone else headed up to the dome to get out of the nasty weather.

Waiting in line at the bar
Finally made it in the bar
After a couple of hours at the bar, we made our way to the dome and met up with Erin and Niki. Our seats were pretty far away, but we had an amazing time. It was so much fun and of course Syracuse killed Villanova and is now ranked #1 in the nation headed into March Madness! I really have the best family and I always love it when we are all able to get together. I have more fun with them than with anyone else and they really are my best friends.

The view from our seats

Niki, Lisa, me, and Erin at the game

And here's a video of Ava in the car on our way up to Syracuse. I figured I'd add it because she's just so cute! And of course, that's her Bob Marley Rock-a-Bye Babe cd on in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment