Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend


I've been neglecting the blog lately. I guess sometimes things like this get pushed aside when you have an infant.

3 years ago, Matt and his brother started a tradition where they would get together and go to a New Orleans Saints (Chris' team) vs. Atlanta Falcons (Matt's team) game. Each year, they alternate cities and this year, Matt met Chris in New Orleans for the Monday night game. Since Matt was going to be away for the weekend, I went to my parents house for Halloween weekend. I think this is the first year ever that I haven't dressed for the holiday. Instead, I dressed up my baby. Funny how times change.


On Saturday, my parents accompanied me to the our wedding venue where I had a visit
scheduled to go over some wedding details. Since it was Halloween, we dressed Ava in her ladybug costume which got a lot of attention. It was exciting making some decisions about wedding stuff, but it would have been better if Matt had come along. Fortunately, we knew what decisions needed to be made, so Matt gave me his input beforehand.

(Ladybug costume courtesy of Aunt Erin.)



The rest of the weekend, we just hung out and relaxed. I always love being at my parents house. No matter where I go, it will always feel like home to me. Sunday, Ava and I helped her Danpa (Grandpa + Dan=Danpa) rake the front yard. She loves being outside and she was smiling almost the whole time we were out there.









Smiling for Grandma.















Tired out after a hard day of raking leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment