Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1 year ago...

It was one year ago today that I found out that I was pregnant. I took the test very early in the morning, just after Matt had left for his first day of work at a new job. I was pretty convinced that I would only see 1 line and I would just go about my day, so imagine my surprise when 2 lines showed up! I was so shocked that I did a double-take because I thought I was seeing things. I had to call somebody, but I couldn't drop that bombshell to Matt over the phone, so I called my sister. She was so excited and one of the first things she said was, Casey, you're going to be a mom!

Waiting all day to tell Matt the exciting news was so hard, but I managed to do it. I got a card that said something to the effect of, congratulations dad, and gave it to him as soon as he got home. He looked up at me after reading it with a huge smile on his face and gave me a big hug. We were so thrilled that we were going to be parents!

Here is a little photographic journey of the crazy year that we've had...

The very beginning, 8 weeks pregnant.
Halfway there (or so we thought!) 20 weeks
Getting bigger, 24 weeks
The last picture that I took before getting admitted to the hospital, 29 weeks.
Happy birthday to Ava! Just a few hours old.
Still in the hospital, about 1 month old.
After over 7 weeks, she's finally home! Just about 2 months old.
Mo loves Ava, too! Almost 3 months.
Smiling all the time now! 4 months old
4.5 months old
5.5 months old
Almost 6 months!






1 comment:

  1. What a crazy journey you have had Casey! It brings a huge smile to my face to see that last picture...she is one tough little girl, what a miracle!

    ReplyDelete