Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and other things

The past week has gone by pretty quickly for us, so I'm just posting an update about Thanksgiving now. Last week, Matt and I went to see Phish on both Tuesday and Wednesday night, so my parents babysat Ava for us. Since they were going to be here anyway and it would have just been the 5 of us at their house for Thanksgiving, we decided to just have Thanksgiving at our place. It was really nice not to have to go anywhere. My mom had the turkey in the oven by about 7:00 and our neighbor said that it smelled delicious when she woke up. My mom has the time management down perfectly and everything was absolutely wonderful. After Ava was done eating her sweet potatoes, she decided she wanted to try mine and tried to grab them off of my plate!

Later that day, Ava and I went back to my parents house so that we could get a Christmas tree with them. My dad worked a good chunk of the day and finally when he couldn't stand it anymore, we went to get a tree. My mom stayed with Ava since she was sleeping in the car while my dad and I trekked all over to find the perfect tree. For those of you who have never seen their trees, they usually get monstrous ones. I think the biggest one they've gotten was about 15' tall and very full around. After walking all over the tree farm, we heard my mom yelling for us. Apparently they had already cut down a bunch of really nice big ones, so our hike through the woods was for nothing except a little exercise. Shortly after we got home, Matt showed up to help my dad put the tree up. We decorated the next day and it looks great. Of course I didn't take any pictures, but I'll get some next time we're there.

2 comments:

  1. No thanksgiving pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I want to see your tree! I am jealous because we aren't allowed to have a real tree in our apartment and I wanted to go cut one down sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete