Monday, December 14, 2009

Wicked


This past weekend was a busy one for us. Friday night was Matt's work holiday party. My parents came down and babysat Ava for us so that we could go have some adult time. It was fun to get dressed up (which I never really get to do anymore) and it was nice to meet all of Matt's coworkers. We came home to find out that my parents kept Ava up until all hours... Not really, but she woke up at 9:30 and after my mom was in with her for 20 minutes trying unsuccessfully to get her to fall back to sleep, my dad went in and Ava decided it was play time with Danpa. She was laughing and talking to him and definitely did not want to sleep. Who can blame her? Playing with her Danpa is way more fun than sleeping. She eventually did fall asleep, but Matt and my dad paid that price the next day.

This is the only picture that we took at Matt's party.


On Saturday, Erin, my mom, and I went to New York to see Wicked. This was Erin's birthday present from my parents. We left Ava with her daddy and Danpa and off we went. We took a train into the city because it's so much easier than having to deal with traffic and parking, especially this time of year. After fighting through the crowds and all of the Santas that were there for some Santa Convention, we just barely made it on time to the show. As we were sitting down, the lights were dimming. The play was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it. I'm so happy that Erin suggested that as a birthday present.

Back on the home front, I guess Ava was having kind of a rough day. She was tired so that made her cranky and I guess she was really missing her momma. We stick to a similar routine pretty much every day, so me being gone all day and not doing our normal bedtime routine 2 nights in a row was getting to her. They said that she kept looking towards the door for me which broke my heart of course.

Thankfully we didn't have any plans on Sunday, so I was able to snuggle with Ava all day. And I was able to get some much needed rest. As cautious as I am with germs and cleanliness, I still somehow managed to get sick. It's just a head cold and I think that it will be gone soon. So far, Ava hasn't really exhibited any signs of being sick, so I'm really hoping that I don't pass it to her. Despite being sick, I had such a fun weekend and am so excited that our holiday festivities will begin next week!

1 comment:

  1. a Santa Convention??? Lol. They really do think of everything!

    ReplyDelete